Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Greyhounds

I had always wanted a dog. I had some time now to spend with one, so decided to see what options I had. I knew I wanted a rescue. I didn't want to propagate the inbred mess and contribute to the pain and suffering i had seen some breeds go through. I spent no small amount of time mulling it over. I went from rescue to rescue. Then I remembered a photo I took back in 1998 or so in Monterey, California. It was off two beautiful Greyhounds that were rescues.

I called the local one to Austin at the time and scheduled a meeting. They informedme they would have to ring a couple of the hounds by my place and check things out. While this is a bit invasive, and i wouldn't allow it now, I was excited and was curious to see what would show up.

They brought two youngish hounds over. I chose the lesser energetic of the two. His name was ROman Rocket.


This is what he mostly does:


He soon became a great companion and would have me stuck on Greyhounds for the foreseeable future.

No comments:

Post a Comment