Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Celtic Tiger

Before the Celtic tiger hit, before the Euro came to be in Ireland, I visited with a few friends I had met while working a tech job. I traveled to Dublin, and from there to Galway, and then to Sligo. Here are some of the photos circa 1998:

Charles Stewart Parnell Monument top of O'Connell Street in City Centre Dublin:


Sligo Bay:


The view from SuperMacs in city centre Dublin 1998:




Pub Gogerty's keg rotation:



The following image is of the Kylemore Cafe, shot from Bewleys(which is no more):




Temple Bar's keg rotation:



View from a window of the Trinity Arms hotel, Dublin:



Half Penny Bridge, over the Liffey River, Dublin:



Random late bar in Sligo:



Random street photo Temple bar area,Dublin:



Interior of Temple Bar:


I must admit my first visit to Ireland was quite special. And, oddly, I look back on it as being a much different place from now. Things change, places change, people change. I'll keep taking photos to freeze as much of it as I can.


No comments:

Post a Comment